Seek to understand the Word then share it
I implore you to stop living on the faith of others only. Stop living only on the crumbs that fall from the tables of those who take their faith seriously enough to make time for diligent study of the word. Rather, in addition do your own diligent study too.
If you don’t seek, know and practice the truth of the biblical Christian faith, you are practicing a false religion and you can only spread and encourage error as a false teacher, a purveyor of death.
Who will you blame if you don’t make it to heaven? Nobody but you!
Stop giving excuses that you are busy! You can spend hours watching TV, surfing the net and chatting on the phone yet you have no time to improve your knowledge of your faith!
How can you love a Lord you don’t know and whose instructions you don’t care to find out? Know that ignorance is no more an excuse before the Lord. I implore you to stop wasting the precious time God has given you.
What is more important than that you should practice your faith according to how God demands to be worshipped and detailed in His written word?
Know this that amongst those who claim to be Christians one of the greatest weapons of mass destruction is ignorance of the word of God. It is a very potent weapon in the hand of the devil. It is a major reason why false teachers and heretics are getting away with murder literarily.
I concur with that old saint who has now gone home to be with the Lord. He said “it is better to be divided by truth than to be united in error. It is better to speak the truth that hurts and then heals than to speak falsehood that comforts and then kills.”
On my part I will rather you hate me for declaring the whole counsel of God than you love me for telling lies and hiding the truth because of any potential, perceived or real gratification.
Please, remember this:
- Jeremiah was not cast into the dungeon that has no water but mire for patting sinners on the back and telling them “God loves you but hates the sin in you!”
- John was not banished to the island of Patmos for conducting deliverance services for people who were supposed to have been saved but were continuing in their sins and cultural practices and loving it; people who claim to be free while still being shackled by their traditions and superstitions and other consequences of syncretism.
- Peter was not killed for preaching prosperity message and declaring to sinners walking contrary to God while claiming to belong to God “God is here to bless you. Indeed, he has sent me to bless you. You can have your best in the here and now. You just need to sow more dangerously. Speaking prophetically you are getting a miracle within 72 hours!”
- Neither was Paul beheaded for conducting seeker-friendly, friendship evangelism, saying to the people who were helping him: “Don’t talk about their sins. Rather tell them that God is here to listen to them and do just what they want and give them all the desires of their heart. Let them coming first and the Holy Spirit will do the rest. And while at it let them know that we are ready to listen to them tell us how we should do church; we shall to whatever they want so they can stay and be blessed”
- Part of the reason the author and finisher of the biblical Christian faith the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified was because He told sinners: “Except you repent, you will likewise perish” (Luke 13:3-4). When God ordered the extermination of Sodom and Gomorrah He did not tell them: “I love you and hate your sin”. Rather, the sinner and his sins are one. The sinner either forsakes his sins and turns to God and is saved or he holds on to his sins and God turns from him and he and his sins perish together.
“Christian” where do you stand? How are you involved? Remember, we all shall give account!
- I pray daily for understanding of the word of God and both the courage and strength to be able to declare the whole counsel of God under the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Brethren, may it not be that you treat the written word of God as a common thing, of less value than the opinions of men!
Don’t tell me that “but I’m not Jeremiah or an apostle” the Holy bible says you belong to a royal priesthood (1Pet 2:9). Do you believe that? Then act as a priest of the Lord Most High now.