We believe the testimony of the Holy Bible about the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was sent by God into the world to deliver us humans from sin and its consequence: death, by dying in our place. He thus came to offer the only way for sinful man to be reconciled to God: Himself (John 14:6).
The child Jesus was born to the Virgin Mary in Bethlehem in Judea (now Palestine). The conception of the child Jesus was supernatural as His mother was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit to conceive Him without meeting a man. He was brought up in Nazareth by His mother and Joseph who was supposed to be His father. Joseph was the carpenter to whom the Virgin Mary was espoused. It was while they were waiting to complete their marriage rites that the Virgin Mary was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus learnt carpentry from His adopted father Joseph and practiced that trade till He was about thirty years of age when He started His ministry.
During His ministry which lasted about three years, the Lord Jesus Christ performed numerous miracles, healed the sick, raised the dead and He stood against the injustices and oppression of the people by the ruling religious class.
But the Lord Jesus Christ is much more than a miracle worker or a great prophet or a highly morally upright person: He is the Son of God born of a human mother by the power of the Holy Spirit.
He is the Christ, the Word of God who became flesh to save mankind (John 1:14, 4:25-26; Luke 19:10).
Though His physical life on earth was brief, just 33 years, of which about three years was dedicated to His ministry of salvation, His impact has been felt and continue to be felt immeasurably for more than two thousand years all over the world. There is no better testimony and demonstration of this than the vibrancy of the Christian faith to which thousands continued to be added every year.
Jesus Christ came, led a sinless life, was crucified, died, buried, resurrected after three days, showed Himself to His followers, ascended into heaven and is now on the right hand of God.
He is at the same time now living in the hearts of the people who have trusted Him for their salvation wherever they live on this planet earth.
Brief Bio-data of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Name: Jesus Christ
- Date of Birth: 0 (4) B.C.
- Place of Birth: Bethlehem in Judea
- Nationality: Hebrew (Jewish)
- Marital status: Never married; a voluntary eunuch for God)
- Education: No formal education
- Books / Journal Published: Never wrote an article, tract, journal or book
- Social Class: Lower class
- Occupation from birth: Carpentry
- Occupation chosen in adulthood: Rabbi (teacher of religion)
- Operation base: Capernaum
- Travels: Only within his own country
- Means of Death: Crucifixion
- Reason of death: Claimed to be the Son of God in a way no one else is
- Legacy: Started and completed the Biblical Christian Faith
- Impact on time reckoning: His birth divided human history into two: before and after Christ
Some of His Claims include that He is:
- Able to forgive sin (Matthew 9:2-6)
- Able to give and take away life (John 3:36)
- The Messiah, the Saviour of the world (John 4:25-26)
- The Son of God (John 9:35-37; 10:36)
- Equal with God (John 5:18)
- The only way to God (John 14:6)
- The revelation of God (John 14:8-9)
- Coming back again for His own people (John 14:2-3; Acts 1:10-11).