We fellowship together in Habitation of Mercy as members of the body of Christ who believe in the teachings or doctrines of the church as handed down in the Holy Bible By our Saviour and our Lord Jesus Christ and through His apostles of the New Testament church:
“Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude 1:3).
“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee” (1Timothy 4:16).
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them” (Romans 16:17).
The infallible Word of God teaches and we believe:
- The Scripture Alone is the Standard for Christian living and the final authority in all matters concerning faith and practice by the Christian,
- Everything should and must be done For the Glory of God Alone,
- That it is: By Jesus Christ’s Work Alone Are We Saved,
- Salvation Is By Grace Alone and
- Justification Is By Faith Alone.
1. The Holy Bible
- We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God.
- We hold to the continued preservation the Word of God by God.
- We also hold to a literal, historical, grammatical and contextual interpretation of the Word of God.
- We Believe that the Holy Bible is the supreme and final authority for the Christian in all matters of faith and all affairs of life.
2. God The Father
- There is only one true and living God: God the Father.
- He alone is the creator of heaven and earth and everything from nothing.
- He created man in His own image and likeness.
- God is sovereign over all His creation with the absolute right to do whatsoever He wishes and Do all things of His good pleasure.
3. The Holy Trinity
- The one true God exists as three persons of the Godhead:
- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- They exist as Three in One: each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature and co-equal in power and glory and of the same attributes and are perfectly united as one.
4. Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the eternal Son of God.
- He is God manifest in the flesh and the second person of the Holy Trinity.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ was crucified and died for the sins of mankind on the cross at Calvary, was buried and rose from the dead on the third day.
- He ascended into Heaven and is forever seated at the right hand of God the Father.
- He is the only Saviour of man and is to be believed, worshiped, loved and obeyed.
5. The Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, the third person in the Trinity.
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and judgment.
- He is the one who regenerates and baptizes all believers into the body of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit immediately indwells all genuine believers at the moment of salvation permanently sealing them unto the day of redemption during this church age.
6. The Devil
- We believe that Satan called the devil and many other names in Scripture is a high-ranked angel.
- He once was good before he fell into sin and became the evil personality he is now.
- He is the arch-enemy of God and all His creation including man.
- He was instrumental to the fall of man.
- The vast number of angels that fell with him, and demons are under his control and loyal to him. He is the ruler of the system of the world.
- He has control over unregenerate mankind and God has complete control over him.
- God allows him to roam and play his role in the present system.
- He is condemned to hell but that final judgment of God upon him will be executed when Christ returns.
- We believe that all mankind are sinners alienated from God.
- Every man stands in need of Salvation of God.
- Man cannot save himself without divine intervention as he is totally depraved.
- Salvation of a person is by grace through faith in the shed blood of our Saviour and Jesus Christ.
- Salvation through Jesus Christ is all by the grace of God and it is not on the merit of man – no man deserves salvation.
- The invitation to repentance and believe in Jesus Christ is a token of God’s matchless grace towards man.
- Hence the invitation of God to all men is to repent and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
8. The Church Of The Lord Jesus Christ
- The local church is the body and the espoused bride of Christ.
- It is solely made up of only those people who have repented of their sins and who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation, that is, born-again by the Spirit of God.
- For this His body the Lord Jesus Christ now makes intercession in heaven and for it He will come again.
- The mandate of the church is the propagation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Its message is thus defined by the death, burial, resurrection, ascension to heaven and the coming again of Jesus Christ for His bride.
- This church of Christ is local, visible and under the control of the Holy Spirit and the authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- It is otherwise autonomous, free from any external authority, hierarchy or control.
9. The Great Commission
- The Lord Jesus Christ commission the church, His body to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
- Such as believe the gospel message and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation are to be received into the church, baptized, instructed in the things of God and helped to continue their life of faith as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This commission is to all believers in Christ Jesus not to a special group or select few.
- This must be done to all the inhabited earth before the end would come.
10. Things To Come (End-Time Events)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming back again.
- The return of Christ will be Pre-Millennial and Pre-Tribulational.
- The next event of God’s timetable is the rapture of the New Testament church of Christ.
- This will be immediately followed by the Tribulation.
- The resurrection of the saved which have died unto everlasting life and blessedness in heaven.
- The resurrection of the unsaved which have died unto everlasting punishment in hell with the devil and his fallen angels.
- There will be the Millennium, the Great White Throne Judgment, and finally the New Heaven and New Earth